9777 - Program Manager
|***IU Employees Only*** |
Manage the administrative operations of the Lake Institute on Faith & Giving, including seminars, public programs and projects, such as the annual Lake Lecture, ECRF pilot programs and plenary sessions. Primary role includes marketing, brand management, participant oversight and implementing the established goals and objectives set for the year for each program or project.
• Manage the operations of the programs including working with vendors, contract negotiations, and event logistics. Initiate and/or respond to requests with prospective local, regional, national, and international clients for contracts that could include training, presentations, speaking, technical assistance, and consulting work. Draft proposals for clients. Direct preparation of reports on assignments, budgets, and financial projections.
• Develop and manage public relations communications for responsible programs like Lake Institute ECRF, public programs, seminars, etc. Could include a newsletter, email updates, social media and periodic reports to constituents.
• Supervise the management of Lake Institute’s information/content on the web sites (either as a stand-alone website or included on the IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy’s site).
• Oversee all day-to-day operations for assigned programs including income and expenses, and maintenance of constituency records for assigned programs.
• Plan and market programs such as: advisory board/committee meetings, receptions, seminars, conferences, lectures, etc. This includes recruitment of sponsors (fundraising), speakers and participants as well as all meeting logistics.
• Supervise the data management and input of administrative support staff. Participate in hiring, provide training, work assignment and conduct performance assessment. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional administration & communication skills with demonstrated track record in marketing and relationship development. Familiarity with social media, adult education/instruction methods and development of collateral materials helpful. The ability to build consensus, documented negotiation skills and attention to detail are necessary. Must be deadline-driven, committed to excellent customer service and have the ability to manage multiple projects, logistics and administrative details with integrity.
|Bachelor’s degree and one to 2 years of relevant experience in the nonprofit sector or philanthropic sector required. Preference for Master’s degree and background in customer relations, marketing, communications and project management. |
***Open to IU/IUPUI Employees only. Must include a cover letter and resume in order to be considered for this position.***