9243 - Assistant to the Chair
|The School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences is seeking an Assistant to the Chair. This position will provide administrative assistance and support to the department chair of Occupational Therapy in managing the office functions as well as support to the department faculty. |
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Assist the department chair by providing support in the overall management of the department. Assist in developing policies and procedures for the department. Serve as the front-line customer service support.
• Serve as the department recorder and maintain student records and other documents, including retrieving student transcripts each semester, and assist in maintaining students' plan of study. Provide support to all department faculty including grant preparation, classroom and class scheduling, class photos and other. Serve as department liaison between the department chair and internal and external constituents.
• Oversee the operating budget of the department including the student activity sub-accounts, research sub-accounts, and foundation account. Review, analyze and assist in preparing the annual budget for the department and make recommendations to the chair. Conduct monthly budget analysis and quarterly projections to support the decisions for long term planning.
• Manage the student outcome assessment reports throughout the year from information collected from students, faculty and employers of alumni.
• Oversee the purchasing for the department including laboratory equipment, textbooks, teaching and office supplies.
• Coordinate all payroll and other financial electronic documents of the department including verification of timesheets and accuracy of charges.
• Plan and manage special events for the department such as alumni events, open house for students and perspective students, to include preparing flyers, negotiation of venue, catering, and travel preparation for speakers.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
|Required: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and 1 year administrative related experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education at a 2:1 ratio. |