8843 - Director, Office of Technology
|This position will lead the direction of the Finance and Administration (FIAD) Office of Technology (professional and technical staff) providing information technology support, analysis/solutions, systems and information security, web and systems development support for all Finance and Administration (FIAD) users plus Chancellor's Office and residence, Executive Vice Chancellor - Dean of Faculties office, Senior Academy Office, Athletics and other offices within the Administrative Offices building at IUPUI. (approx. 1200 users). |
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Develop and lead the communication of an implementation of long-term strategic plan for division-wide IT client services, systems/information security, and systems/web development (software, hardware, and custom applications). Identify needs, lead in planning, development and implementation of computing initiatives designed to support customer's goals. Develop and document IT-related policies for FIAD division following standard IT Best Practices.
• Ensure customers are operating in accordance and compliance with IU ITSO and ITPO policies and procedures ensuring data security and integrity. Ensure PCI DSS compliance in all appropriate settings.
• Direct the development/modification of applications, networks, databases, client and server operating systems, devices and security.
• Direct professional staff, Associate Directors for Customer Service and Support and Systems Security and Development. Create performance management plans and provide feedback on work performance. Provide support to Associate Directors in creating performance plans for staff and providing feedback on work performance. Facilitate and encourage staff development creating an atmosphere of learning. Create a collaborative, empowering and inclusive team culture. Provide support with hiring, training, and managing all FIAD IT professional and technical staff. Conduct progressive discipline, as necessary. Manage the departmental budget.
• Oversee the high level analysis of systems, networks, and data architecture to identify, rectify, and prevent security vulnerabilities. Provide direction relative to the design, administration, and maintenance of a variety of systems and servers in centralized and remote locations. These include but are not limited to file, print, antivirus, group policy/script, monitoring, database and web servers.
• Oversee the management of the liaison relationship with third party contractors relative to all FIAD systems. Oversee the collaboration between the team and third party contractors and user department in systems development, upgrades, and maintenance integral to any systems project and implementation plan.
A cover letter and resume is required.
|Required: Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field from an accredited institution plus 8 years of related systems security and network management experience; or Graduate degree in computer science or related field plus five years of related information technology customer service, systems security and network management experience required. Supervisory/management experience required. An equivalent combination of experience and graduate-level education at a 2:1 ratio may be considered. |
Prefer Microsoft MCSE certification. Project management experience strongly desired.