7756 - Assistant Athletic Director/Head Volleyball Coach
|Indiana University East, Richmond, IN, is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Athletic Director/Head Volleyball Coach. This Athletic program is a member of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (KIAC) and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). |
This position will manage the advertising and marketing of Athletic Programs; monitor and maintain compliance with all KIAC and NAIA regulations; coach the women's volleyball program including but not limited to: recruiting, training, eligibility, scheduling travel, and preparing student athletes for competition.
• Develop and maintain annual and five-year marketing plan for Red Wolves Sports Network.
• Provide and develop growth in the advertisement sales and sponsorships for Red Wolves Sports Network broadcasts and events; including print, production, commercials and signage.
• Monitor and facilitate compliance in NAIA athletic directives. Participate in due process procedures as needed.
• Maintain IU East standards of quality and uniformity in marketing and publications as required by the Department of External Affairs.
• Plan and implement safe, positive, and fun game day experiences for athletes and spectators at all IU East home athletic events.
• Report directly to the Athletic Director in any matters concerning the operation of the IU East volleyball program.
• Recruit, train, and coach quality student-athletes as members of the volleyball program for IU East.
• Teach volleyball playing skills to student athletes to enhance their playing ability and teamwork approach to athletics.
• Support the academic achievement and personal growth of team members.
• Plan and execute the schedule of all contests and practices in accordance with NAIA/ KIAC regulations.
• Perform administrative tasks including the operation of the volleyball program within the budgetary guidelines set forth by administration.
• Monitor the academic progress and aid in the mentoring and skill development of student-athletes involved in volleyball program.
• Develop opportunities for student athletes to participate in service activities to give back to the campus and the community and encourage participation in the NAIA Champions of Character programming.
• Provide a quality competitive experience expected by a college athlete.
• Positively represent IU East in all conference, regional and national coaching opportunities and attend all IU East home athletic events as required.
• Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and mature conduct as the head of the program.
• Perform other duties incidental to those described herein and as assigned by the Athletic Director.
• A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sports management, business or a related field; master’s degree preferred.
• Experience in marketing.
• Previous collegiate coaching or volleyball playing experience (minimum 2 years).
• Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office applications and video editing applications.
• CDL license or ability to earn and maintain CDL license.