7652 - Administrative Secretary
|The Department of Radiology graduate medical education programs have grown to 60 residents and 24 fellows. The Administrative Secretary will provide support and assistance to the Educational Program in recruitment, selection and documentation of training of trainees. |
• Assist in the recruitment of trainees for the residency and fellowships of the radiology department. Handle inquiries; send out information packet and applications for residency. Maintain files for resident applicants. Coordinates organizational details for the residency candidates’ interviews, including schedules for the applicants and interviewing faculty, hotel accommodations, informational packets sent by e-mail, etc. Assist as contact person, corresponds with applications and interviewing faculty. Arrange hotel accommodations, prepares interviewee information packets, and coordinate food related functions
• Responsible for Fesler Hall Radiology classroom; setting up web conferencing, assisting the presenter in readying the presentation, and closing down the web conferencing at end of session. Preparing, distributing and collecting required CME evaluation and attendance forms. Assist in room scheduling for classes.
• Assist in maintaining resident and fellow personnel electronic and physical files to include evaluations, confidential correspondence, documentation of training, and salary information. Track AFIP attendance, dates and registration materials. Collect requests, termination and reporting information regarding radiation safety film badges and dosimetry. Maintain residency and fellowship information with national and government organizations. Assist program in scheduling semiannual evaluations for residents, including sending appropriate forms to residents prior to sessions, and entering self-assessment and learning plans into residents electronic educational portfolio.
• Maintain vacation / meeting time off requests by residents and fellows in electronic management program.
• Credentialing of fellows and graduates: assist in completing verification of training forms for graduates. Receive, prepare, deliver for signature, photocopy, send, and log
• Assist in coordination of orientation for incoming residents and fellows, to include pagers, ID’s, passwords, lab coats, textbooks; coordinate food related functions, and all necessary paperwork to initially begin training.
• Assist in resident day-to-day activities to include pagers, ID’s, necessary passwords, lab coats, medical licenses and meal cards. Assist in coordination of resident graduation ceremony, certificates, awards, and all necessary paperwork upon graduation. Assists program in assembling data for accreditation site visits.
• Assist in maintaining and updating residency and fellowship program information on departmental web site.
• Maintains office supplies for Program Office. Perform other duties as assigned by Educational Program Directors and Program Coordinators.
|Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of administrative experience. |
The successful candidate should have word processing experience with MS Word for Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint; type 50 wpm; excellent interpersonal skills; strong communication skills; excellent grammar and spelling skills; ability to compose and type letters and memos with minimal oversight; ability to perform simple math, problem-solving, and multitasking skills; medical terminology helpful. Must have abililty to work as a team member. Will need to either know how or be trained to use MedHub resident management software, ERAS electronic residency application system, and New Innovations resident management software.